Friday, May 30, 2008

Philosophy in Life

Somewhere in life, I guess its important to have a good, strong philosophy to live by. Something that keeps you going no matter what, and obviously doesn't antagonize too many people living in the civil (or otherwise) society around you. Quite obviously, if this blog was made to talk about life philosophies, it would be christened such. So let me get on with it.
The year 2008 was a few minutes old when, like a million other people, I picked up my phone to start wishing my near and dear ones. I was, I proudly proclaim, one of the most sober New Year revelers that night in the age group of 18-25. And therefore, despite having to make repeated attempts to get through to some of my friends, I still tried, not out of some undying love, but because of the undying sincerity of the future "Booze Diaries" author. In plain simple terms, I was expecting entertainment from the other end, and I entertainment I got.
I knew the night would be one of revelation right after the first call when I was wished, not a Happy, but a "Happpy Happpy Hippie Hippie Happy (Hic!)" New Year. Having made that eventful first call, I was only spurred on to look for others who could bring joy to what had been a fairly uneventful New Year's Eve. And after a few calls, I happened to call my dear friend Mini, who as she later recalled, could barely walk in straight line when she received my call. After having expressed pity at my sober situation that night, Mini went on to encourage me in the most philosophical manner. This I believe was her life philosophy for these were the words that I heard:
"Siddhu... Buddhism teaches us to get drunk!"
And the phone got disconnected right after that. I deem to rechristen this sentence as the Madi(/hu)ra Sutra. Never once pronounced by the Buddha himself, but adds a lot of light and meaning to lives around us I guess!
Hippie New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really dont know wat to say.. since i am the one who is been mocked.... but.. i know for a fact... U shall DIE.... when u meet me next... so i would suggest.... RUN ,RUN, RUN..... for ur life.... CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!